I have been featured on the Independent Fashion Blogger’s weekly Links a la Mode, for my review of Rihanna’s fab fashions, Fashion Wearabouts at Paris Fashion Week. Links a al mode consists of 20 links submitted by bloggers to help drive traffic to their sites. Every Thursday the roundup gets posted giving anyone who submitted beforehand a chance to have their link selected and viewed by everyone in the IFB network. Always a pleasure to be selected, especially for the 7th time! Congrats to all the other bloggers!
Style is made of so many pieces it’s hard to focus on just one element. The beauty is the collective whole of random bits and pieces from our lives makes for an abstract pattern. What? Ok, maybe that’s a bit philosophical, then again, so are a couple of the posts in this week’s roundup. From a close look at Emilio Pucci’s outrageous prints, to dissecting the underrepresentation of lesbians in the fashion world, and decoding childhood memories influence on design, there’s a lot to look at even more closely than whether or not an outfit works.
Links à la Mode: March 13
- Adorned in Armor: Lupita: A Cinderella Story
- A La Modest: Emilio Pucci: Kaleidoscope Patterns & Sci Fi Uniforms
- Al-Balsam Life: Fashion Fever Paris Fashion Week Edition
- A Tale of Two Shoes: Do we really read blogs?
- Attire Club: Les Sapeurs: The Dapper Men of The Congo
- Fashioned by Love: 5 Minutes with Natalia Vodianova
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of Jeans
- Hunting in Heels: Mary Katranzou and the Death of the Digital Print
- Lara Lizard: 9 Blogger Pet Peeves
- Lollieshopping: 90′s Fashion I Don’t Miss
- Madame Ostrich: Let’s Hear if For the Girls: The Issue With Lesbian Underrepresentation In Fashion
- Miss Monet: Fashion Wearabouts at Paris Fashion Week
- Style Curated: Interviewing the Interviewer: Kinvara Balfour
- Style Vanity: 10 Tips to Get a Job in Fashion (No Matter Where You Live)
- Tangles & Chains: 3 Jewelry Wearing Mistakes to Avoid When Going on a Date
- The Sassy Girl: Splurge vs Steal: Spring 2014 Fashion
- The Style Lineup: 4 Easy Steps to Make Your Jewelry Fit
- Trend Survivor: Milan Fashion Week Decoded
- We Are Ready Made: W.A.R.M. is in the Mood for Childhood Memories
- Wild Beauty World: Marilyn Minter’s Subversive Beauty